We discuss our experiences during COVID-19, and how we’ve all been coping, and then we dive into Jessica’s background as a mom, Bostonian, sports fan, and our mutual love of the movie The Godfather.
From a career perspective, we cover Jessica’s background in science and mathematics, front-end development, and the intersection of her technical skills with her passion for content. We track her career arc and deep dive into her experiences coming up as an SEO, building a team at Tech Target, her new role at Netsuite and so much more.
In the News
In the news we talk about the White House encouraging the usage of schema.org markup for COVID-19 announcements, as well the results of an experiment from Cyrus Shepherd of Moz that showed opting out of Google featured snippets led to a 12% traffic loss.
Finally, we deep dive into content strategy, talk about how to build your strategy from the ground up, execute the process end-to-end, how to create content that deserves a top ranking, and more.
You Might also like
By Jacob Stoops — 5 months ago
We talk about:
- How Andrew’s career began 20 years ago as a broadcast journalist working at the BBC with a focus on cricket and fut ball
- How the emphasis placed on creating fresh and timely content around the sports stories of the day really opened his eyes to the power of building traffic online
- His time as Web Editor as Newsworks
- His management of the website for the Marylebone Cricket Club (MCC)
- How it all led him to found his own SEO consultancy Optimisey
- What it’s like running the Optimisey SEO meeting
- His Optimisey YouTube video series
- And more.
We also touch on the news:
This episode's deep dive
And last but not least, we dive into a few overlooked SEO fundamentals including:
Post Views: 677
- How often simple analytics configurations seem to be overlooked
- The use of site monitoring tools and how they can help businesses
By Jacob Stoops — 7 months ago
We sit down with Patrick Stox, Product Adviser at AHrefs, former technical SEO at IBM, and co-moderator of The TechSEO subreddit (one of the best SEO subreddits going right now) and organizer of several SEO meetups in Raleigh, NC.
We talk about:
Post Views: 923
- How the downturn in the economy caused by the 2008 financial bubble led him to a career as a developer which eventually led him to SEO
- His time at IBM
- What he’s currently up to at AHrefs (also pronounced “Hrefs”)
- The importance of practical experience rather than simply having a degree
- The announcement that Speakable structured data is no longer restricted to news content
- And so much more.